Turmeric for Diabetes: Diabetes is a common disorder linked to the problem of blood sugar level.
The blood sugar level inside our body plays a vital role in absorbing foods and converting it into energy.
Diabetes occurs if our body is not able to produce insulin to control the blood sugar levels.
Turmeric is a kind of ground roots spice, which made from the turmeric plant.
From the beginning, turmeric has been well known for its healing properties.
It’s thought to have a wide range of health benefits of turmeric for diabetes, as well as pain relief and potential disease anticipation.
What Are the Benefits of Turmeric for Diabetes?
Curcumin is an active component found in turmeric, which may help stop type 2 diabetes.
A Journal published in 2013 recommends that curcumin can decrease glucose level in the blood, along with other diabetes caused problems.
Scientists also found that curcumin may have a vital role in curing diabetes.
More specific judgments about health are required for curcumin and the benefits of turmeric for diabetes
Another study advises that turmeric extract helps blood sugar levels to be stabilized and make diabetes more controllable.
This extract can also be found in nonprescription supplements.
It may also offer the benefits of turmeric for diabetes as well as helps in digestion.
How to use Turmeric for Diabetes?
There are many ways on how to use turmeric for diabetes. Let’s see the recipes below-
Amla and Turmeric:
Amla is well-known to control our blood sugar levels for not being high.
- 2 teaspoon of Amla Juice
- ¼ teaspoon of Turmeric Powder
- Mix Amla juice and turmeric powder together. drink the mixture daily in the morning in an empty stomach. Continue for 6 months. Occasionally check your blood sugar level.
- The mixture of Amla juice and turmeric powder will help in controlling carbohydrate absorption and keeps the body to be more alert to insulin.
Cinnamon and Turmeric:
According to some studies– Cinnamon has the ability to cut 18% of cholesterol and about 24% of blood sugar levels.
- 1 teaspoon of Turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon of Cinnamon powder
- 1 glass of drinking water
- Make a smooth paste using turmeric and cinnamon powder. Then mix them with 1 glass of drinking water. And drink it daily in the morning for 40 days.
- This solution will keep both blood sugar level and cholesterol level under control.
Milk and Turmeric:
Milk contains lactose, a natural sugar or carbohydrate that stabilize our body. Cow’s milk also provides calcium which helps control the blood sugar for the people with diabetes.
- 1 glass of cow’s milk
- 1 teaspoon of Turmeric
- Take one glass of Milk
- Add 1 spoon of Turmeric powder
- Mix properly turmeric powder and cow’s milk together. Prepare this mixture two times daily. The best time to drink it in the morning and at night.
- It helps to control the level of blood sugar, as well as works as a powerful blood cleanser.
Honey and Turmeric:
Having organic honey provides numerous health benefits; It helps to control the level of blood sugar also.
1 pinch of Turmeric powder
¼ teaspoon of dried basil leaves powder
¼ teaspoon of dried neem leaves powder
1 teaspoon of organic Honey
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl. Having this mixture will keep controlling your blood sugar level naturally.
- You must take this mixture in the morning daily on an empty stomach.
Should I use Turmeric Supplement for Diabetes?
Definitely, You can use turmeric supplement for keeping the balance of your daily routine, but you should ask a doctor for the best option. If you use turmeric supplement, there are some other important issues that you should remember:
- Confirm reading the label of supplement and carefully follow the suggestions. If you’re not sure about the dosage, ask your doctor.
- Like the other supplements, you should start it with a low amount.
- Turmeric may raise your urinary salt levels. Therefore, people with the kidney stone or anemia should use it carefully.
What Are the Side Effects of Turmeric for Diabetes?
Turmeric is commonly considered as safe for intake.
But using an excessive amount of curcumin a meal may occur nasty side effects.
A high amount is normally regarded as more than 4 grams of curcumin every day. Side effects may include:
Over and over again eating a large volume of turmeric may occur liver problems.
The person with gallbladder disease should avoid turmeric. It may worsen your situation.
Ask your doctor before consuming turmeric.
They can see your medical history and discuss the possible paybacks and possibilities.