Just before and during the period, your estrogen and progesterone levels normally drop off. For some women, these hormonal alterations may get worse asthma. The connection between asthma and hormones is complicated, and this complication depends on persons. In this article, you will know how to stop asthma during period below-
Another thing is for women’s menstrual cycles, which occurs the changes in hormone levels and it may get worse or get better asthma symptoms. Such as:
Irregular periods- Asthma symptoms may be worsened for the women who are in irregular periods than the female who have regular periods.
Pregnancy- Pregnancy may become at risk for having a serious asthma attack. But, for a few women, hormonal changes in pregnancy may really recover asthma symptoms.
Menopause- Dropping hormone levels are directly connected with menopause, which may create asthma symptoms worse for several women.
How to Stop Asthma attacks during Period?
If you see, the asthma symptoms are at risk in front time and during your period, there are some steps that you can take.
- Write down particular information about your asthma symptoms all over the month and make an outline with comparison during your menstrual rotation. This can assist you to find out, if there is a connection among your asthma and periods. Take the diary to dates with your doctor.
- Discuss with your health care provider. If your asthma symptoms time and again get worse during your period, talk about potential relievers with your doctor. Your health care provider may suggest for preventive medicine in a specific time of the month.
- Be careful about keeping off anything that makes asthma attack in front days and during your period. Common asthma attacks are responsible for exercise, cold air, waste material, smoke, and dust as well as 2nd hand smoke from being close to smokers. Taking aspirin can also activate an asthma attack in several women.
- Hormone replacing with progesterone or estrogen may get better asthma symptoms for some women who have run through menopause. However, research reports are differing and hormone replacing seems to get worse asthma in several women.
- Make sure, always keeping a life-saving inhaler with you in front days and during your period. If your asthma symptoms extensively get worse and if you feel unwell within an hour, be ready for making a phone call to 911.
If you feel unwell with asthma attack during the period, your health care provider may suggest you control your asthma by taking medicine or take a special prescription earlier than your period begins.